//-->

Silicon Valley's oldest English-only tutoring company

Congratulations to our sophomores who scored high on the SAT:

C. W.: 800 Reading, 800 Writing (2400 total); IYE student since 2011
E. K.:  780 Reading, 800 Writing (2350 total); IYE student since 2012

Way to start early and finish strong!



Click here to inquire about a free trial lesson!



Fall Reading Classes: Classics for Kids
4th-8th grade

Classes start Saturday, 9/10 and Sunday, 9/11

87 years of professional English tutoring experience

Open seven days a week, by appointment only
Send email to freetrial@improveyourenglish.com or call 408-738-8384.

Click here to get our
FREE E-BOOK:
Write It Right With Strunk & White

Blog Posts

How does a sophomore
get a perfect score on the SAT?

WHAT OTHERS SAY

"Steve is not only a master wordsmith, he's also an amazingly effective teacher."
Charles Rubin, author, communications strategist, The Gallagher Group

"Steve High's students learn to avoid needless words. He's an expert at the plain style."
Michael Tu, CEO, Trace USA

"Mr. High's Better English helped me get through a very difficult ESL class."
Yuki Yamagishi, Nursing Student

"Steve High wrote the book on making technology easy to read." Dickson Wong, Marketing Director, iWatt Corporation

"My son scored 100% on two of his STAR test sections! I've recommended Improve Your English to several of my friends.They too are very happy with Nat Crawford's style of tutoring."
Joan Kao

"I am one of the lucky students who studied with you to prepare for the Graduate Record Exam. Now I am working toward my master's degree at Santa Clara University. I am very grateful to Improve Your English in helping me get there!"
Sofia K.

"Our daughter got straight A's in English, Art History and World History in her first semester at U.C. Riverside. She has been helping other students with their essays and says that the time she spent with Improve Your English tutors has made all the difference."
Trevor Burward-Hoy

"Steve High is the best writer I know. His explanations are clear and easy to follow."
R.J. Lissner, developer of the original best selling AppleWorks software program

"Improve Your English helped my son make big changes to his college admissions essays. After receiving their help, he was admitted by early action to CalTech and MIT."
Iris Li

"Our son is enjoying Pomona very much. Nat Crawford's tutoring formed the basis of his academic skills. We are eternally grateful to you!"
Toni Littlestone

"Our middle-school son has worked with Improve Your English for three years. He loves the books, the poems, and the grammar! He says an hour of class goes by much faster than an hour of school."
Michael and Linda Chui

"The tutors at Improve Your English helped my son get admitted to Berkeley. By sharpening his writing skills and learning to develop a persuasive application essay, he presented himself in the strongest possible light to the admissions officers. My wife and I couldn't be happier with Improve Your English."
D. Wong


"Improve Your English lessons made me much more confident of my business English."
Janet Lash, President, A Very Special Occasion


Better English means better grades,
better test scores and better job prospects.

Tuition

HOURS
LESSONS PER WEEK
MONTHLY TUITION
MONTHLY TUITION FOR HOME TUTORING
ONE HOUR
ONE
$ 360.00
--
NINETY MINUTES
ONE
$ 525.00
$ 615.00
TWO HOURS
ONE
$ 700.00
$ 800.00
ONE HOUR
TWO
$ 720.00
--
NINETY MINUTES
TWO
$ 1050.00
$ 1230.00
TWO HOURS
TWO
$1400.00
$1600.00
FOUR LESSON MINIMUM FOR MONTHLY RATES.
ONE TIME ENROLLMENT FEE OF $90.00.
DAY RATE: $225 FOR THE FIRST HOUR, $120/EACH ADDITIONAL HOUR

Students who want to reserve a consistent time for lessons can enroll in our program under our monthly tuition. After choosing a tutoring schedule, students pay the same tuition each month, regardless of the number of weeks in the month!

Questions? Click here.


Free printed materials when you enroll



ENGLISH LESSONS FOR LIFE
Whatever your age or level, your writing, vocabulary, and reading comprehension will improve with individual instruction--and practice. The SAT includes a 25-minute handwritten essay, which counts for 30% of the writing score. The other 70%, or 560 of 800 total points, comes from multiple choice questions about grammar and the conventions of standard written English. Whether you are a student or an adult, you need to master the basic English skills tested by the SAT.

GET STARTED TODAY

To begin improving your English, send an email to steve@improveyourenglish.com. Tell us about your educational background, where you live, and when you would like to study. You can also call 408-738-8384, but you will probably get faster and more helpful information if you send email.






     

    355 W Olive Avenue, Suite 207, Sunnyvale, CA 94086    |     408-738-8384     |     info@improveyourenglish.com
    Copyright 2003-2016, Improve Your English Tutoring Services, Inc. All rights reserved.